In the Wake of Public Health Crisis, Buffalo Niagara Spirit, Inc., Buffalo.FM and Ripe Audio Launch New Online Music Venue/Concert Series to Assist Buffalo Musicians
Since Governor Cuomo announced on Wednesday a new state mandate that all venues with a capacity under 500 had to cut occupancy levels by 50% it has taken an immediate toll on Buffalo’s live music community.
Our goal is to make this Gofundme a temporary solution to help get this project off the ground to provide immediate relief for those affected. Moving forward we hope Buffalo’s business community will step up and assist to keep this project moving forward through sponsorships and advertising to help this fund move forward.
The goal is to help support Buffalo’s full -time musicians and artists during this public health crisis. Proceeds will go towards directly to the artists, helping to supplement income while their regular concerts and gigs are being canceled or postponed due to the crisis.
Here’s are the details so far:
- The live performance will be held at a location (TBD)
- No audience will be allowed in the venue or space
- Each show will be 30-45 minutes (subject to change)
- This is open to all full-time musicians and bands in Buffalo or surrounding areas
- Each act will receive a pre-determined stipend (TBD depending on fundraising) for your performance.
- A donation link will be placed on your video and all donations during your performance will go directly to you via (venmo or paypal)
- All shows will be archived indefinitely on Buffalo.fm and our Youtube and Facebook channels with your own personal donation link on the video
- Artists will receive a professional audio and video copy of the performance to assist in additional marketing opportunities for your work.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Anyone not directly associated with the performance or who may showing flu or cold-like symptoms is asked to stay home and enjoy the show online.
For now, there will be no charge to watch the concerts but we encourage fans to donate to the project itself and the individual artists during each performance.
Publisher/editor of Buffalo.FM Marc Odien said: “As someone whose business is also dependent on the event/service industry, we are feeling the pain along with our local musician friends who are stressed out about all the cancellations over the last few days. This is our way to help our local live music family and provide continued entertainment for our fans and audience at Buffalo.fm at the same time.”
This project is organized under our 501 (c)(3), organization Buffalo Niagara Spirit, Inc. and all donations are tax-deductible.
Media and Businesses looking to help support this project, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide limited media availability on Tuesday evening. Please contact us for more details on Monday 3/16 as more information will be available by then.